Wednesday, May 30, 2012

K-Pop concert: My view on it

Okaayyy, soooo looking through the wall posts on facebook I noticed that there are a lot of people commenting on the K-Pop artists being brought to the Perhimpunan Belia whatever-the-program's-name is in Putrajaya. I have split opinions on this - a part of me agree with their views on the negative impact while the other part of me just find it...ridiculous.

Why I agree with them?

First off, the aim of the program is to motivate or improve the youths to become better leaders of our country in the future, not to entertain them and give in to their selfish demands (again, this is just my view on it). So why polluting their minds more by bringing hot guys and girls from Korea? Obviously with our youths' minds being corrupted already, having K-Pop artists over here on an event like this won't help much. If it's an event that is only for K-Pop fans, then I would understand.

Secondly, don't we already have great local artists to perform on stage? I admit that I still don't know the new young talents in Malaysia, but just by exposing them through this program would be beneficial not only to the artists, but to the sponsors as well (they can save lots and lots of moolah you know). What happened to supporting 'local products' aka 'MADE IN MALAYSIA' slogan?? We have Yuna, Najwa Latiff, Hujan, etc. etc. and we have a decent number of indie bands as well. So why, people? WHY?!?! At least expose us, the youths, to these great artists if we don't know them!

Well, that's it for my views on this. On to my other half of me...

Why I DISAGREE with them?!

It's so obvious - for one, you're bashing the K-Pop artists when all they're doing is just to obey their respective companies and sponsors and perform. That's their job, to PERFORM and entertain their audience. Yet all these articles seemed like they were directed to these poor kids (mind you, most of the K-Pop artists that perform there are younger than me ==__==||). For God's sake, if anyone needs to be blamed, BLAME THE FREAKING SPONSORS AND STUPID COMPANIES.

Also, even though I sounded like I know the aim of the program - I don't. Especially when the program is for 'Youths', because the first thing that popped into my mind when hearing this was 'entertainment'. What do you expect? The century that we're living and growing up in is surrounded by TVs, radios, idols, celebrities and all those bullshit stuffs. Admit it - even in an Islamic program there is bound to be a nasheed group performing in it even just one song, especially in this fucked up country of ours that is supposed to be an Islamic country. (I love my country, but I love none of the politic groups) So... what do you expect? To attract youths, you must have entertainment, and to attract more youths you must have at least some foreign artists to mix in the program with a twist. I mean I gotta admit, asking foreign artists to come and perform isn't an easy task, so I gotta give kudos to the sponsors for it (sounds weird after I bashed those sponsors huh LOL).

To improve the youths' development?? Pfffttt! People, development starts at a very, VERY young age, not when they're at their rebelling stage aka teenagers. Proof? My 5-year-old niece can speak better English than most of my peers. 'Nuff said.

Conclusion

So yeah, call me a bitch for bashing my own country, but that's just reality. Even Wardina admitted that she feels like running away from her own country because it's too fucked up (and no, she did not say that last part. that's just me lol). And to start with, I'm actually against with this whole Perhimpunan Belia thing. If you want to do events like this, do it properly with a sense of seriousness, please. Motivation? Might as well send your kids to MAP (Motivasi Alihan Pelajar) by Tengku Asmadi (I sound like I'm promoting his program lol). Sure, it costs a lot but it's definitely worth it (even though I didn't change much after attending it lol it depends on every individuals).

Even if you do invite K-Pop artists, I'd rather be caught dead than letting myself burn under the sun just to see these celebrities. I mean come on, I can just watch them on my laptop, comfortably lying lazily on my bed. And if you really do want to invite K-Pop artists, make a proper concert that are specifically for K-Pop fans. I'm sure there are some people who are getting sick of its popularity and I don't blame them. And if the tickets cost too much - well, you can count on their die-hard fans from all over the world who would pay millions just to see their idols. Oh, and you can count me as well to attend B.A.P's showcase or Big Bang's concert - if I'm free when they come here TT.TT (Oh cruel world, I didn't even attend L'Arc-en-Ciel's concert in UK when I was there. *sniff*)

*end of essay*

Oh, did I mention that I'm back in Malaysia? lol Helloooo hot weather! --__--||

2 comments:

  1. Whew. . .great blog, miss... I love your posts. . . They are amazing. . . I am also obsess with kpop and jpop. . .and everything bout them. . .hope to read new posts from you soon . . .
    keep safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you! I didn't expect anyone to read this lol. I'm glad you like my blog, but unfortunately I don't update much like I used to few years back. Especially now as I'm on internship. But once I finish and have free time I'll update more :)

    ReplyDelete